If you ARE required to file a tax return and are worried about not being able to receive your Economic Impact payment, the IRS has a new web portal that makes it easy for you to update your direct deposit information as well as check your stimulus check status. You will need your Social Security number, address, and date of birth to access this information.
The link to “Get My Payment” is https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment
If you are NOT required to file, such as someone with only a Social Security income, you can enter your information here: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here
Information You will Need to Provide
- Full name, current mailing address and an email address
- Date of birth and valid Social Security number
- Bank account number, type and routing number, if you have one
- Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) you received from the IRS earlier this year, if you have one
- Driver’s license or state-issued ID, if you have one
- For each qualifying child: name, Social Security number or Adoption Taxpayer Identification Number and their relationship to you or your spouse
Get My Payment will return “Payment Status Not Available” if:
- The application does not yet have your data
- You are required to file and have not yet filed
- You are not eligible for a payment.
At The Bottom Line, we are offering services FREE OF CHARGE to help our clients that are having trouble filling out applications and documents for loans and Economic Payments related to COVID-19. Call us to schedule your appointment at 419-472-2841